We understand that planning for the care of each patient or client is a progress that requires compassion and professional expertise. Our Nurse Aides strive to provide the best health care and help need by our clients.
Elite Private Nursing provides the treatment needed for an illness or injury; with the goal of helping our clients recover, regain their independence and become as self sufficient as possible. Whether 24/7 supervision is necessary or for shorter blocks of time, our experienced and reliable Registered Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants assist you and your loved one with all activities of daily living in their own home, the hospital, assisted living facility or alternative setting.
In addition to providing hands-on personal care, we assist with;
Health and safety:
- Take client to medical appointments. Coordinate with Elite Private Nursing team to schedule follow-up, pick up prescriptions, clarify doctors’ instructions, and report to family.
- Remind client to take medications on time and as directed. Help make sure prescriptions are refilled on time.
- Encourage good nutrition. Prepare tasty meals that meet dietary needs.
- Offer snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Prepare foods to accommodate chewing and swallowing difficulties.
- Provide unobtrusive supervision. Tactfully redirect client from unsafe activity.
- Encourage safe exercise. Walk with client, do prescribed exercises together.
- Provide sensitive reminders to use cane or walker correctly.
- Help client get dressed and undressed.
- Help client shower, shampoo, and maintain appearance.
- Help client use the toilet, protecting dignity and privacy.
- Style hair, help with make-up, file nails, protect skin.
- Provide safe assistance getting in and out of bed, chairs, wheelchairs, and cars.
- Offer gentle massage to ease aches and stiffness.
- Put on elastic stockings and other supports.
Quality of life:
- Help client maintain routines, revive interests, and try new activities – anything from shopping to attending a meeting.
- Help client stay in touch with friends, family, and the community.
- Read aloud from newspapers, magazines, novels, snail mail, and e-mail.
- Help client organize family photos and mementos in albums.
- Prioritize jobs that aren’t getting done; help with completion.
- Run errands with client: grocery store, bank, library, hairdresser, post office.
- Pick-up and straighten, dust, and vacuum.
- Help with laundry and change sheets.
- Clean out closets and cabinets. Help dispose of unwanted items.
- Clean out refrigerator. Make sure spoiled and expired food is discarded.